The REALTORS® Land Institute (RLI) is a membership organization created for and by land experts, dedicated to building knowledge, building relationships, and building business for its members- the extraordinary real estate professionals – who broker, lease, sell, develop, and manage our most precious resource: the land. Originally named the Farm & Land Institute, the organization was founded in 1944 and was originally an affiliate organization of the National Association of REALTORS®.
The organization offers programs and services designed to:
- provide superior land education and professional development programs
- encourage open knowledge sharing and interaction among members
- develop networking and referral opportunities
- make deals and add to productivity
- serve as a voice in Washington on land-related issues
Members of the organization specialize in land brokerage related to:
1. Farms, ranches, recreational, timberland, and other specialty land properties
2. Undeveloped tracts of land
3. Transitional and development land
4. Subdivision and lot wholesaling
5. Site selection and assemblage of land parcels
6. Appraisals and land valuation
8. Farm and land management
Members of the REALTORS® Land Institute may earn the prestigious Accredited Land Consultant (ALC) Designation, which is conferred to only those land specialists who complete a rigorous education program and who achieve a volume of successful land transactions.Through its LANDU curriculum, the REALTORS® Land Institute confers the Accredited Land Consultant (ALC) designation to only those real estate practitioners who achieve the highest levels of education, experience, productivity, and professionalism.